The end result~ (first..hee hee, and I did not change the saturation of this photo, my home is actually in those grey tones.).I gashed up a large piece of pine, stained it a barn wood color, and drove large antique nails into it. Now what started this whole thing, was the grey linen grainsack I made. Here it is finished.
So this is what started the inspiration for my project! I saw this grey linen grainsack on google, and it was perfect!! I happened to have quite a bit of linen on hand so...
I sewed a large long sack, and then I dyed it in india ink. I quickly folded the sack in half to press a quick center line, and then put masking tape on either side of the center fold mark, and worked my way side to side from there.
I made up a batch of grey purple acrylic paint, and lightly stippled it on.
Once it dried, I removed the tape and lightly sanded the lines down. Be careful not to sand to much to make a hole. Then I quickly sanded the whole sack.
TA-DA! I am thrilled with how it turned out. It looks just like the one I saw, and I saved myself
lots of money.
***Have a blessed day!***
Labels: easy frugal decorating