pioneerdream@gmail.com

Quick Primitive Craft / Gift idea Of The Day~ no sew!!!

Today's primitive craft/gift idea of the day is so quick and easy to make!
 You will need:
-an antique pewter cup, civil war style fabric (grunged if desired) or even antique fabric (if you have it), stuffing, twine.
 You will need a large ball of stuffing. The fabric ball needs to be rock hard, and slightly larger than the circumference of the cup top. (To large and it will pop out). It needs to jam in..
 Start working your stuffing into the center of a piece of fabric.
Keep working it for several minutes, until you have the hardest, smallest ball possible.
 Gather in the center, using your strong hand muscles!
 Twist a bit before tying with strong twine. This will make your pleats more even, and the ball even more perfectly round. Tie well, as far down as you can, knotting 2-3 times. Cut off the fabric tail, leaving enough of a tail (or, "pumpkin stem") so that it is a bit higher than your cup.
Pat in. It should stay comfortably if it is the right size.

Adorn with an antique photo, morsel of stitchery, antique pins, buttons- whatever you like, and depending on the look you are going for!
My cup is quite heavy, which gives the piece a nice feel.
You could easily make up many of these in a hurry for a craft show~
~HAVE FUN~
Pamela
Pin It

20 comments:

eszter said...

Wow! This pewter cup is fantastic!
I love it!♥

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi Pam !!!!
Always good ideas !!!!!
I love I love I love !!!!
Hugs
Nat

Civil Folks said...

Pamela,

This is a beautiful craft. Your work is always wonderful.

I still dream about Queenie's drawn bonnet.

Pam

RJ said...

Loooooooooooooooooove it :)

Kitty said...

Wow! great idea and it looks sooooo wonderful!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love that it's no sew.Will definately do this one.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Ann said...

Very prim! Thanks for sharing the idea. ~Ann

Carol Stuck said...

I love it and the cup you chose makes it perfect. Thanks for sharing the tut with the rest of us.

hugs and smiles
Carol

marian said...

WOW another fabulous thing to make!! it looks wonderfully aged, just how i like it!! i LOVE your designs, thanks for sharing :)) cheers...Marian x

MY PRIMITIVE SALTBOX-KATHY said...

Pamela, how do you do it? Your talent never ceases to amaze me! You always have the most wonderful ideas!!!!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Now how cute is that.. I love it and simple to create too!

Thanks for sharing!!

Blessings
Tonya

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing....Eve

Robyn ♥ said...

LOVE IT!! My kind of craft!! TFS!!!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love it! You definitely have a special gift for creating. Blessings on your weekend! ~*~Lisa

Viola di Nebbia said...

How stunning! *.* Your works are amazing! *.*

Beccie said...

Hi Pamela! I love this...but sadly I don't own any pewter cups. I need to get some. I might be able to compromise with something else... I just love it!

Happy Mothers Day!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Beccie :)

Mary said...

I need to make one!! Thanks for sharing Pam! Mary

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love this one!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Carmen and the Primcats said...

So SO SO Adorable!

Carmen and the Primcats

Heather said...

I love the mug and cloth pattern you chose. I just made one with plain beige cloth that I grunged and an old copper votive holder. Love the idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...